- The Guatemalan Sugar Industry implements sustainable practices to maintain soil health -
- The Guatemalan Sugar Industry presents the Sustainability Guild Report under the GRI standards -
- The Guatemalan Sugar Industry is an economic engine for the country -
- The Sugar Race returns in its 35th edition and marks the beginning of the Zafra 2022-2023 -
- In Guatemala 91% of vehicles that transport sugarcane use private roads built by the Sugar Industry -
Guatemala´s export terminal offers competitive advantages
The sugar export terminal Expogranel of Guatemala is one of the best in the world and has the capacity to load a ship at a rate of 2 thousand 022 metric tons per hour and has a storage capacity of 408 thousand 600 metric tons.
It also has the competitive advantage that 81% of the Guatemalan sugar mills are only 65 kilometers (39 miles) from the boarding terminal.
Guatemala exported 1 million 904 thousand 242 metric tons of sugar last year according to the Bank of Guatemala (central).