Ambassador Popp knows labor practices of the Guatemalan Sugar Industry Ambassador Popp visited the Guatemalan Sugar Industry to learn about its labor practices - The United States Ambassador in Guatemala, Mr. William W. Popp, on May 20th visited sugar cane plantations to learn about the labor conditions that the Guatemalan Sugar Industry provides to the thousands of workers that each year participate in the agricultural and industrial area. Ambassador Popp was accompanied by Mr. Mauricio Cortes, from the US …
Acequia y pozo de filtracion The Guatemalan Sugar Industry works on soil conservation - Since 2012, the Guatemalan Sugar Industry has worked hand in hand with the Guatemalan Center for Research and Training of Sugar Cane -Cengicaña- and the Private Institute for Climate Change Research -ICC- in the development and implementation of practices for soil conservation. Soil conservation is based on those practices that make it possible to stop …
the Reforestation Plan of the Guatemalan Sugar Industry was launched More than 900 thousand trees will be planted in 2021 - Within the framework of National Tree Day, the Reforestation Plan of the Guatemalan Sugar Industry was launched, which for this year consists of the planting of 900 thousand trees in 10 departments of the country. The planting of the 900 thousand trees takes place between May and August, on 400 hectares of land, which in …
The Guatemalan Sugar Industry supports forest nurseries for reforestation - The Guatemalan Sugar Industry has formulated and implemented a strategy for reforestation on the South of the country. Since 2011, with the support of the Private Institute for Climate Change Research -ICC-, it has established forest nurseries as the basis of the Reforestation Plan that began on Saturday 22nd in commemoration of Arbor Day in …
Cengicaña celebrates 29 years of supporting the technological advance of the Guatemalan Sugar Industry - In 1992, the Guatemalan Sugar Industry made the decision to create a specialized center for sugar cane research. This is how the Guatemalan Center for Research and Training of Sugar Cane -Cengicaña- was born, which today celebrates 29 years of working to support the technological advance of the Sugar Industry. Research on sugar addresses many …
The Guatemalan Sugar Industry works on restoration and conservation - The Guatemalan Sugar Industry is committed to a sustainable agriculture that is adaptable to climate change, with that objective supports the conservation and recovery of forests on riverbanks and upper parts of the basins, care of the soils that include green manure and conservation and recovery practices for the ecosystem such as fish farming, among …
Main destinations of Guatemalan Sugar Main destinations of Guatemalan Sugar - Guatemalan Sugar was exported to 59 countries and regions on 5 continents in 2020; and it ranks as the sixth export product of the country according to data from the Guatemalan Central Bank (Banguat). Guatemala exports 70% of its total sugar production, the remaining 30% is fortified with vitamin A and remains in the country …
The Guatemalan Sugar Industry has build internal roads to transport sugarcane The Guatemalan Sugar Industry has build internal roads to transport sugarcane - The Guatemalan Sugar Industry has created an internal network of roads that benefits dozens of communities on the South of the country. Currently, more than 83% of the sugarcane is transported by internal roads. Internal roads are those that go between the sugarcane fields and that communicate with the factories. These internal roads help to …
"Better families" a social program developed by the Guatemalan Sugar Industry that promotes food and nutritional security, will be implemented by local governments “Better families” a social program developed by the Guatemalan Sugar Industry that promotes food and nutritional security, will be implemented by local governments - The Guatemalan Sugar Industry, through their Sugar Foundation – Fundazucar-, signed a cooperation agreement with municipal authorities of the sixth bigger department of Guatemala, called Escuintla for the transfer of the methodology of the Better Families program, which promotes food security and nutrition, as well as the empowerment of women as agents of change and …
For the first time a Guatemalan variety of sugarcane leads the Guatemalan Sugar Industry - Sugarcane is researched by dedicated scientists at the Guatemalan Center for Research and Training of Sugar Cane -Cengicaña-; created with the aim of improving production and productivity of sugarcane and its byproducts. Cengicaña published its Annual Report 2019-2020, in which the results of the investigations, projects and activities that were carried out in the last …